#15 once upon a time, Garbage time..

In my teenage years, i was a little bit gloomy, a bit complicated and not easy to understand..

I was growing up with musics then, not those musics that commonly heard by girls on my age, i am more to the rock sides, maybe alternative rock to be precise, those with beats where i can jump and sing loud..

I was a big fan of No Doubt, Garbage and Potret (Indonesian band) ..and i think i still am,.

Today i suddenly want to hear Garbage's music again, its just a sudden "poof" in my head..
At first i wanted very bad to hear "I think i'm Paranoid" song, and then it goes on to stupid girl, temptation waits and others, including medication..


Garbage are a Scottish/American alternative rock band formed in Madison, Wisconsin, in 1994.[1] The band consists of Scottish vocalist Shirley Manson and American musicians Duke Erikson, Steve Marker and Butch Vi (From Wikipedia)

I only  had their Version 2.0 album, but i was listening it everyyyy dayy.. (in between No doubt's and Potret's songs as well).

Hearing those songs now still makes me want to jump and sing out loud, the difference is, now i kinda understand on why did i like the band very much..

The Musics are great but i think the lyrics are amazing and really gets to teenager - indhi...


Some lyrics was an approval for the gloomy-ness of me on that age, a comfort that helps to understand that its okay to be complicated .. that i was not alone..
Like in :

Im only happy when it rains  :



".. i'm only happy when it rains
I'm only happy when it's complicated
And though I know you can't appreciate it
I'm only happy when it rains

You know I love it when the news is bad
And why it feels so good to feel so sad
I'm only happy when it rains

Pour your misery down, pour your misery down on me
Pour your misery down, pour your misery down on me "


and in I think I'm Paranoid :



"..I think I'm paranoid
And complicated
I think I'm paranoid
Manipulate it.."
and 

"..Bend me, break me anyway you need me
As long as I want you, baby, it's alright
Bend me, break me any way you need me
As long as I want you, baby, it's alright.."

and some lyrics are just to educate more about people, and growing up

Example in Stupid Girl : 



"..You pretend you're high
You pretend you're bored
You pretend you're anything
Just to be adored
And what you need
Is what you get

Don't believe in fear
Don't believe in faith
Don't believe in anything
That you can't break

You stupid girl
You stupid girl
All you had you wasted
All you had you wasted.." 

and in Push it :

"...I was angry when I met you
I think I'm angry still
We can try to talk it over
If you say you'll help me out

Don't worry baby (don't worry baby)
No need to fight
Don't worry baby (don't worry baby)
We'll be alright.."

Anyway...
Im listening to them again now,
and as in their other songs When i Grow up says :

"..Blood and blisters
On my fingers
Chaos rules when we're apart
Watch my temper
I go mental
I'll try to be gentle.. "


but they say



"..When I grow up
I'll be stable
When I grow up
I'll turn the tables.."

I did grew.. and im stable now.. (more stable than before at least)..
yeay to me.. And Garbage ROCKs!!!  :)

Ps : This last song is another great song from Garbage, the tittle is Medication ..

 

(..Somebody get me out of here
I'm tearing at myself
Nobody gives a damn about me or anybody else)

0 comments: